“A quick, delicious, moist chocolate snack cake that you can pick up; no fork needed!
It is great cut into squares for a buffet table or a picnic table. An extra bonus is that it’s so easy to whip up fast with just a few ingredients. Use the Cook and Serve chocolate pudding mix, not the instant. There is no need to cool the pudding before mixing it with the other ingredients. I have seen several versions of this snack cake from the 1970’s, but not one quite like this. I upped the amount of chocolate chips and walnuts, but those are the only changes I’ve made to the original recipe I’ve had in my box for years.
A chocolate lover I know, (my husband Bill) really enjoys picking up a square of this cake as he would a brownie! Enjoy!”
1 (16.5-ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
1 (3.125-ounce) package Cook and Serve chocolate pudding mix, not instant
2 cups milk
3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Grease or spray a 13 x 9 x2-inch pan.
3. Make the pudding using the 2 cups of milk as directed on the package either on top of the stove or in the microwave. ( I use the microwave.)
4. In a large bowl, blend the dry cake mix, the cooked pudding, and egg until just mixed.
5. Pour into the prepared pan.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
7. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Cool the cake on wire rack.
10. Cover the pan and store cake on top of counter.
Triple Fudge Chocolate Cake
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 73
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 8g 12%
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 9mg 3%
- Sodium 196mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 2g 4%
- Sugars 18g
- Vitamin A 1%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 3%
- * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.