“Does this qualify as a real recipe, or is it just a technique that transforms plain Jell-O into something almost gourmet? Not sure, but I’ve been making this for years. Today I am making it especially since this is a day after a big event with lots of great food! So when I am really watching my calories, I tend to whip up this old standby.
I think a lot of people have forgotten about it, but it is an old recipe from when Weight Watchers first started. I loved it then, and still love it now. Just recently I saw someone ask for it online. So I decided to post this version which has been in my box for years.
I remember when I first shared this recipe with my sisters during our days of dieting via daily phone calls. They raved about the texture of the whipped combination! You would have thought I gave them a cheesecake recipe! 🙂
The minimal calories come from just the fat-free frozen whipped topping. The sugar-free Jell-O is zero calories. So go ahead and add a dollop of the fat-free whipped topping on top if you want to! Try this great whipped Jell-O. You will be surprised how good it is! One-half cup serving is 10 calories or 0 Weight Watcher Points. Enjoy!”
Servings: 3 Yield: 1-1/2 cups
1 (.3-ounce) box Jell-O Sugar Free Gelatin, any flavor
1/4 cup Cool Whip Fat Free Whipped Topping, thawed
1. Make the sugar-free Jell-O according to package directions.
2. When Jell-O is firm, place it in an electric beater, and with whip attachment, beat the Jell-O until it is all nicely whipped into small pieces.
3. Add the fat-free whipped topping and whip until combined.
4. Serve chilled.
5. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Whipped SF Jell-O and FF Cool Whip
Recipe Yield: 1-1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: 1/2 cup
Calories from Fat: 0
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 0g 0%
* Saturated Fat 0g 0%
* Cholesterol 0mg 0%
* Sodium 3mg 0%
* Total Carbohydrates 2g 1%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Protein 0g 0%
* Sugars 1g
* Vitamin A 0%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 0%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.