A soft-centered brownie pie made with a candy bar. For this one I used a Hershey’s dark chocolate bar, (he prefers dark chocolate), but you can use any candy you like.
The pie is firm enough on the outside rim to make nice neat wedges when you cut it. I don’t like pies that make a mess when you cut them, so this one I like. Be careful not to over bake it.
If you want to be extra decadent go ahead and serve it with whipped cream, ice cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce on top. Boy, is that gilding the lily! Don’t look at the calories, or you might have to just make it a meal, or hit the treadmill for a few hours.
This pie got a thumbs up from my connoisseur of chocolate husband! Enjoy!”
1 cup flour
¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
8 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
4 ounces of a chocolate candy bar, your choice
1 unbaked pie shell
¼ cup chopped walnuts, for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a small bowl, mix the flour and unsweetened baking cocoa. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla and the 1/3 cup walnuts. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, microwave on high power the butter, chocolate chips, and candy bar for one and a half minutes, stirring vigorously every 30 seconds.
5. Quickly stir in the flour mixture and the egg mixture. It will be a very thick batter.
6. Quickly pour into pie shell.
7. Decorate with the ¼ cup walnuts around the rim of the pie.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm around the outer edge of the pie. The center will still be somewhat soft. That is okay, it will firm up as it cools.
9. Serve cold or warm. Extra indulgence: serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or chocolate sauce.
10. Store pie covered in the refrigerator.
Brownie Candy Bar Pie
Servings Per Recipe: 8 slices
Amount Per Serving: 1 slice
Calories from Fat: 253
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 28g 43%
* Saturated Fat 15g 76%
* Cholesterol 70mg 23%
* Sodium 116mg 5%
* Total Carbohydrates 60g 20%
* Dietary Fiber 2g 7%
* Protein 4g 7%
* Sugars 42g
* Vitamin A 9%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 4%
* Iron 11%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.