“A double chocolate banana bread that gets an approval from my chocoholic husband Bill. He thinks chocolate is a necessary food group!
This is rich and moist with a strong chocolate and banana taste. It needs no icing! This will make three mini loaves, just reduce the baking time. Enjoy!”
1 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
⅛ cup cocoa
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 bananas, overripe
½ cup sour cream
1-3/4 cups chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Spray or grease a nine by five-inch loaf pan.
3. In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
6. Stir in bananas on lowest speed.
7. Blend in the flour mixture.
8. Blend in sour cream and just one and one-half cups of the chocolate chips.
9. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
10. Sprinkle the top with the rest of the one-quarter cup of chocolate chips.
11. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Cool loaf on wire rack for 20 minutes.
13. Run a knife around edges of pan to loosen edges, then invert loaf onto rack and cool for 1 hour.
14. Store the loaf covered on top of the counter.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Servings Per Recipe: 12 slices
Amount Per Serving: 1 slice
Calories from Fat: 169
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 19g 29%
* Saturated Fat 12g 62%
* Cholesterol 49mg 16%
* Sodium 160mg 7%
* Total Carbohydrates 58g 19%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 3%
* Protein 3g 5%
* Sugars 35g
* Vitamin A 7%
* Vitamin C 3%
* Calcium 1%
* Iron 9%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.