“This is my low calorie version of Subway’s Flatizza. There are so many varieties of fast pizza using pitas, English muffins, you name it, but my favorite is to use flatbread. Take your pick of white, whole wheat, or other varieties of flatbread. It is crunchy, but not too much, and I like that it is thin but you can still taste the soft bread. I think of it as a thin, fast, low calorie pizza for a snack. You can double the recipe and use a whole flatizza for a lunch, adding cheese or meat for more protein. Put any vegetables you want on top, your favorite sauce, maybe some oregano, and you can add grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese like Subway does. My favorite version here is very low with only 57 calories or 1 Weight Watcher point. Enjoy!”
Servings: 1 Cook Time: 10 minutes
1/2 flatbread (Flatout Flatbreads, Rustic White)
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1/4 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
1/8 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/8 cup sliced black olives
1/8 teaspoon grated Romano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cut the flatbread in half and use just one of the halves.
3. Spread tomato sauce on top of flatbread half.
4. Sprinkle the green pepper slices, red onion slices, olives, and grated Romano cheese on top of tomato sauce.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
Flatizza, Homemade and Low Calorie
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 1
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 3g 4%
* Saturated Fat 0g 1%
* Cholesterol 0mg 0%
* Sodium 381mg 16%
* Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
* Protein 1g 2%
* Sugars 2g
* Vitamin A 3%
* Vitamin C 8%
* Calcium 1%
* Iron 0%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.