“If you like the flavor of anise, treat yourself to this easy biscotti! There are only four ingredients! It really is more of a toast since it is harder than a typical biscotti. It is great eaten plain or dunked in coffee, tea, or milk. Of course, the homemade anise toast is so much better than the kind you buy in the store. One is only 61 calories or 2 Weight Watcher Points. Enjoy!”
Servings: 16 Cook Time: 28 minutes
⅔ cup sugar
1 teaspoon anise seeds
1 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Butter or spray a small baking sheet.
3. Butter or Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
4. In a large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar.
5. Add in anise seeds and flour. Batter will be stiff.
6. Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. With a knife loosen edges of loaf and invert loaf onto a wire rack.
9. Invert loaf again onto a cutting board.
10. Cut loaf into 16 slices.
11. Place slices flat side down on the buttered baking sheet.
12. Bake for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Turn slices and bake the other side for 4 minutes more or until golden brown.
14. Cool on wire rack.
15. Store anise toasts in a covered tin or container on the counter.
Nutritional Information: Anise Toast Biscotti
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 3
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 0g 1%
* Saturated Fat 0g 1%
* Cholesterol 18mg 6%
* Sodium 5mg 0%
* Total Carbohydrates 14g 5%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Protein 1g 2%
* Sugars 8g
* Vitamin A 1%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 2%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.