Like a PECAN PIE that you can pick up!
These little bites are very rich, so cut them small and you’ll get 70 squares!
I get asked the recipe for these every time I make them!
Pecan Pie Squares
Servings: 70 Bake Time: 45 minutes
3 cups flour
6 tablespoons sugar
¾ cups butter or margarine
¾ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups light corn syrup
4 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons melted butter, or margarine
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
2 ½ cups pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2.In a medium bowl, combine flour, the 6 tablespoons sugar, the ¾ cup butter or margarine, and salt. Beat until crumbly.
3. With your fingertips, press the crumb mixture together over the bottom of a greased 10×15-inch baking pan until it forms a smooth crust.
4. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven.
5. In a large bowl, combine the 1 ½ cups sugar, corn syrup, eggs, the 3 tablespoons melted butter, and vanilla.
6. Spread evenly over the baked crust layer.
7. Bake for 25 minutes longer.
8. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
9. Cut into 1 ½ inch squares.
10. Store in a covered tin or pan on the counter.
Pecan Pie Squares
Servings Per Recipe: 70
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 46
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 5g 8%
* Saturated Fat 2g 10%
* Cholesterol 15mg 5%
* Sodium 52mg 2%
* Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 2%
* Protein 1g 2%
* Sugars 10g
* Vitamin A 2%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 2%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
so great! let me know how it went! 🙂
Oh, wow, will have to make these later this month when we camp with our Happy Hearts group up in Franklin, NC. They love nuts and anything sweet. Thanks Angie.