Chicken Cacciatore is a great dish to make!
It is chicken and vegetables merged in a tomato sauce with your favorite pasta. It is so-o GOOD!
We have this often!
It is LOW-CALORIE too!
Use whatever vegetables you like or have on hand. Use any pasta you like!
Chicken Cacciatore~LOW CALORIE
- 4 or 5 small pieces chicken with or without bone
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 peppers sliced
- 1 cup broccoli cut in chunks
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato paste
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil crushed
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup water or sherry or wine
- 1 pound pasta boiled
- In a large saucepot over medium heat, brown the garlic in the oil.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until the chicken is brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Add onions, celery, peppers, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms to the oil and garlic and sauté it for 3-4 minutes just until the vegetables are almost tender. They will still be semi-hard.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, and basil.
- Add in the chicken, and sprinkle everything with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the wine or water and cook uncovered for 15 more minutes.
- Skim off any fat that might be on top.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.