Yield: 2 lb. cavatelli Serves: 8
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound ricotta cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and eggs.
3. Add this to the well and mix together, adding more flour if necessary to make a soft, but not sticky dough.
4. Knead until smooth.
5. Cover dough with plastic wrap or an inverted bowl.
6. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
7. Cut dough into quarters.
8. Cut quarters into halves.
9. Roll dough into a long rope one-quarter inch in diameter.
10. Cut the rope into one-half inch pieces.11. With index finger and middle finger together, press down on each piece beginning at the top and moving downwards, dragging your fingers towards you. This will make the pasta roll over itself and make the “little cave”.
12. Transfer the cavatelli to a lightly floured jelly roll pan, keeping them separated, and let dry at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
13. Bring salted water to a boil and add the cavatelli.
14. Cook the cavatelli 8-10 minutes. They are done when they float up to the top.
15. Drain and serve with your favorite sauce.
Amount Per Serving 1/8 recipe
Calories from Fat: 7
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 1g 1%
* Saturated Fat 0g 1%
* Cholesterol 45mg 15%
* Sodium 200mg 8%
* Total Carbohydrates 36g 12%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Protein 12g 22%
* Sugars 2g
* Vitamin A 7%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 20%
* Iron 10%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.