“I came up with this recipe to have a fruit biscotti the way I like them, full of mixed fruit, pistachios, and on the soft side instead of a harder, more typical biscotti. People love this variation. At Christmas I substitute a mix of dried craisins and cherries for the mixed dried fruit to get a red and green combination. One biscotti is only 88 calories or 3 Weight Watcher points. Enjoy!”
Yield: 24 Biscotti Cook Time: 45 minutes total
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 beaten eggs
1 -3/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup mixed dried fruit
1- 1/2 cups halved pistachio nuts
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 teaspoons water
1. In a large bowl mix oil and sugar until blended.
2. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Mix in eggs.
4. In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
5. Add dry ingredients to batter just until blended.
6. Add in mixed dried fruit and pistachios.
7. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
8. Form 2 logs ( 12” x 2”) on the parchment paper- lined cookie sheet. (Wet hands to form logs. Dough is sticky.)
9. Bake at 300° for 35 minutes until light brown in color.
10. Remove from oven and set cookie sheet aside to cool 10 minutes.
11. Meanwhile, reduce oven to 275°.
12. Cut logs on the diagonal into ¾ to 1” slices.
13. Lay slices on parchment paper.
14. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes more.
15. Cool on wire rack.
16. For the glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioner’s sugar and water until runny.
17. Drizzle or frost the glaze on top of biscotti.
18. Store biscotti in a covered tin or dish on the counter.
Pistachio Fruit Biscotti
Serving Size: 24 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 1/24
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 24
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 5g 7%
* Saturated Fat 2g 11%
* Cholesterol 14mg 5%
* Sodium 54mg 2%
* Potassium – – %
* Total Carbohydrates 17g 6%
* Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
* Protein 2g 4%
* Sugars 10g
* Vitamin A 2%
* Vitamin C 2%
* Calcium 2%
* Iron 4%
* Thiamin – %
* Niacin – %
* Vitamin B6 – %
* Magnesium – %
* Folate – %
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.