“When you taste pumpkin pie made from fresh pumpkin you will not want to go back to the canned recipes ever! I give you a trick in the recipe to make the pumpkin skin just fall off so try it! This recipe makes a large 10 inch pie! It really is easy to make. Enjoy! ”
Cook Time: 65-70 minutes total Serves: 12 Makes: one 10-inch pie
1 ten-inch unbaked pie crust
1 cup sugar
2 small fresh pumpkins, yield: 2 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
2 1/4 cups evaporated milk
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Put the pumpkins in a 13×9” pan with a little water in the bottom of the pan and bake at 350° for about an hour until they are soft and you can stick a fork into the pumpkins. Drain the water out of the pan. Let them cool a few minutes, then peel the skins right off! Remove the seeds and scoop out the fresh pumpkin into a processor.
2. Puree the pumpkin in a processor for a few minutes until smooth.
3. In a mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, pureed pumpkin, and evaporated milk all together until well mixed.
4. Add the cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, and ground cloves.
5. Pour into an unbaked 10 inch pie shell.
6. Use a pie shield to cover the crust.
7. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350° and bake for 50 -55 minutes more, or until knife inserted half way between edge of pie and center comes out clean.
8. Cool the pie on a wire rack.
9. Store pie covered in the refrigerator.
Fresh Pumpkin Pie
<!–Serving Size: 12 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 1/12
–> Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 42
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4g 7%
- Saturated Fat 3g 14%
- Cholesterol 51mg 17%
- Sodium 211mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9%
- Dietary Fiber 2g 9%
- Protein 4g 7%
- Sugars 22g
- Vitamin A 161%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 13%
- Iron 3%
- * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.